At AYDesign, we strive to support local nonprofit organizations and causes that fit our vision and guidelines. AYDesign receives numerous requests each year for donations of art work to various charitable organizations. We receive so many requests that we cannot possibly donate to all of them; therefore we have developed an application process and policy for donation requests.
In most cases, we cannot take a tax deduction for the full value of any artwork donated. Generally, artists are allowed only to deduct the cost of the materials…frame, art supplies, etc. used in that particular artwork. Even this is sometimes hard to document to the satisfaction of the IRS. Therefore with rare exception, we generally do not donate framed original artwork.
Most of our donations are for $50 Gift certificates towards to purchase of Original art by Amy Yosmali valid for in-store or art show purchases only and not redeemable for cash.
For more information, please read our donation policy below.
- Those who wish to request a donation must complete an online application for consideration.
- The recipient organization must be a Not for Profit organization (ie.,501-3c). A copy of your 990 form must be provided upon approval or pickup.
- The recipient organization must provide a donation receipt.
- Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The organization must fall into one of the categories AYDesign supports: Research and Awareness for Leukemia, Diabetes, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), Cystic Fibrosis, and Infertility. As well as Community Development, Animals and Humane Society Awareness, Arts and Education.
- We cannot donate to individuals, individuals seeking individual or group pledges
- All donations (if approved) need to be picked up, we do not deliver or ship donations
- Donations and their terms will be in the form of one of the following:
- A $50 Gift certificate toward the purchase of Original art by Amy Yosmali and valid for in-store or art show purchases of original art by local contemporary abstract artist Amy Yosmali and are not redeemable for cash and are valid 5 years from the date they are issued. The recipient organization must provide within 5 business days of the fundraising sale/auction the name, address, phone and e-mail of the buyer for the records of AYDesign. Donor Value: $50
- A Certificate for (2) Wine Glass Painting Class tickets. This certificate is valid for (2) tickets for a Wine Glass Painting Class at AYDesign. Registration is required to participate in a class, participants must be 21 yrs or older, offer is not valid with any other discounts, is subject to availability, not redeemable for cash and valid for 6 months from the date they are issued. The recipient organization must provide within 5 business days of the fundraising sale/auction the name, address, phone and e-mail of the buyer for the records of AYDesign. Donor Value: $60
- Framed Original Artwork selected at the discretion of AYDesign. The recipient organization must provide within 5 business days of the fundraising sale/auction the name, address, phone and e-mail of the buyer for the records of AYDesign. A minimum or a reserve price will be set and will be designated by AYDesign. (This is required to honor the value of the artwork for our existing collectors.). In the event the artwork does not sell, it will be returned by the organization to AYDesign 4722 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45217 within 9 business days. Donor Value: Subject to individual painting value.